Sunday 9 December 2012

Cleaning up well...

It all went rather baltic up here a couple of weeks ago making the garage a very unpleasant place to be! It warmed up considerably over the weekend though and I managed to get a full day on the Saloon today.

The front lamp panel has cleaned up very well and the valance isn't looking too bad so far.

What used to look like this...


...now looks like this:


Some minor pitting but no holes and I'll be able to remove all of the rust. This is much better than I was expecting. So much so that the Hydrate 80 I was planning to use isn't going to be needed here. Instead, once the clean-up's finished it'll be primed with Electrox then roughly finished as described in the previous blog with couple of coats of Triumph White.

As noted before the front valance will need repaired where it joins the inner wheel arch and front wing but that's all that's wrong with it. I'll deal with that when I'm sorting the floor, sills and wings next year.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays mild so that I can get a decent run at this and get it done!




No comments:

Post a Comment